Wednesday, March 9, 2011

People Skills for Technologists?

I've been teaching a class at Cal State San Marcos this semester and last night I had the CIO of Qualcomm as my guest speaker.

Norm is a great speaker and I was really impressed with his focus on COLLABORATION and PEOPLE SKILLS as the driver for his career and his advice for the students to focus on. 

The CIO of Qualcomm, Norm Fjeldheim















Norm relayed a message that we've heard from each CIO in the class....that technical skills alone are not enough to grow your career in IT.   In fact, most of the CIO's that have presented in my class affirm my primary message, which is to have a strong foundation in business and collaboration to grow your career.

I will post more of the CIO's that attend my MIS320 class at Cal State San Marcos.

No comments:

Post a Comment